- Excellent place to stay. Lovely holidays. Thanks to you all.
- Our first stay here & what a treat it has been. The best holidays in England. Spotless hotel, clean bed & wonderful service, very friendly & would definitely come here again.
Sue & Dave
- Lovely stay, excellent food, room superb & hospitality.
Chris & Jane
- Lovely room - great views. Brilliant staff & fantastic breakfast. 5 *
Mr & Mrs Chilton
Stockport Nr Manchester
- We are back again and not a moment too soon! Thank you for another stay that we have throughly enjoyed - restfull, peacefull, stunning room, delicious, filling, breafasts and lovely smiles and company.
Jo W & Dave B
- Absolutley Fabulous. Great food & hospitality. Will visit again.
Mr & Mrs Corton
- Had a Fantastic Stay. One of the best places wehave ever stayedin. Thanks x
- Stayed in many, enjoyed a few, but this has been the best...
- Came here for a last minute, very much needed getaway and couldn't have asked for a better place. Everything was perfect! What a wonderful people running a wonderful place. Thank you so much xx
- The Room, the view, the food and the service have been excellent! Thank you! Cris
- Very nice indeed. A teapot too!!!Not often seen in a hotel. Nice location, ideal for overnight stay. Look forward to stopping here again!
Lee, Val, Sarah & Alison
- Thank you for a lovely three night visit. Wonderful, friendly staff, comfy rooms, fantastic sea views, spectacular breakfsts, You even gave us sunshine!!!
J & K Whatley
- The owners and staff are rightly proud of this little/grand place. We have had a lovely mini break - happy to make it maxi!!!Wonderful standards of cleanliness, presentation & hospitality. An absolute treat. Thank you. Keep up the good work.
Evelyn & Norm
- After calling at numerous B&B's, some of which were charging £70 for a sub standard room with no shower(!), we came across the Sandbeck at the top of the hill. We got a beautiful, clean, modern room for £65 a night including breakfast. The bathroom was beautiful and spotless, as was the room. The little extra touches, such as lovely shower gel & handwash, cotton buds & nail file were very thoughtful & very welcome. The only fault was poor reception on the TV! Breakfast was lovely, a great variety of choice, with very attentive and efficient staff & hosts. Definitely worth the money - would highly recommend to anyone. Walk down the cliff steps and you're at the shops/amusements/restaurants in 5 minutes.
Newtownards, United Kingdom
- We arived in Whitby on Sun 5th Aug 2012 for a few days of fun and relaxation. After a disaster in the booked hotel (Avalon) who to be fair said that we were free to seek alternative accomadation at no cost to us. We inquired at the Sandbeck as to the availability of a room for the duration of our stay. We were shown three or four lovely rooms by the charming host, We chose room 6, it was a comfortable room with a fantastic bay window overlooking the sea in one direction and the abbey in the other, The hotel was very clean and orgonised and I really enjoyed the range of breakfasts available and liked the ordering system. The staff were all very plesent and willing to offer advice and even made dining arrangements for us at a very nice italian. We would recomend this hotel to old, young,couples, famailies or even a singles who appreciates great service and to be totaly honest great value for money. We will definately be back and look forward to staying in room 6 again. If you can keep hold of your staff as they really made the place feel different and a cut above the rest. 10/10
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
- My daughter and I have stayed at this guesthouse now for 3 years running and are constantly impressed by Kay, Dave, and the staffs' commitment to customer service and satisfaction. On arrival we were greeted like old friends and shown to our room. Kay always stresses that if there are any problems to let her know so that the the stay can be top quality. The breakfasts just get better and better and this year I digressed from my usual 'English' and, throughout our week stay, tried the French croissant and Spanish omelette variations which were both amazing. Nothing is too much trouble and, as always, the staff ensured that my daughters' eggs had the yokes removed!!
As well as the various 'Breakfasts of the World' choices - standard breakfast choices such as cereals, toast, fruit and cream, fruit juices are available and special dietary needs are always catered for if you let the staff know.
The rooms are always kept thoroughly clean and the honesty bar remains a fantastic idea - where you serve yourself and place your money in a box. The staff often nip in and engage with the customers offering advice of places to visit. Laura was particularly helpful in recommending a local Chinese and even went as far as to find a menu and photocopy it so we could peruse before visiting.
This year my mum came with us and while we were in room 9 with a great bay view of the piers, my mum had room 6 with the bay windows looking out to the harbour and sea front - both super views of Whitby.
The best recommendation that I can give though is that we will again be visiting this fabulous guesthouse again next year. Thanks - Kay, Dave and all those that make staying at this guesthouse a delight.
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
- We spent 3 nights here but wished we could have stayed longer. The location was perfect and the staff all very helpful. The Sandbeck was spotlessly clean and the choice of breakfasts superb.We chose not to have a seaview but our room was very spacious.
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
- A lovely place to stay with a perfect view across the sea. We were staying in an executive suite. There were three of us: my girlfriend and I sleeping in the bedroom and her mum sleeping on a bed in the lounge. There was ample room for this not to feel cramped or awkward and it made everything that little bit more affordable to boot! Staff were very friendly on the whole and the location is perfect; a short five minute walk down the hill to the centre. Can't recommend it highly enough.
Leicester, United Kingdom
- Stayed for two nights, had a fab time will definatley come back again, very friendly, lovely hotel.
- Fantastic ! 2nd stay here love room 6 it's beautiful, lovely hosts.
Mr and Mrs Makin
121 Hugh Street, Marley
- It's been really lovely we feel as though we have been tuly pampered. A lovely silver wedding break. Thank you.
- This Hotel was just perfect for us so clean and tidy I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a quality stay in Whitby, the staff were very friendly.rooms were spotless beds were very comfy and the power shower was the best ive seen,our room 21 had lovely sea views. and for breakfast there was so much choice all good quality.we will definatly be going back again in the future Thanks kay and David and staff for a very enjoyable stay.
- A beautifull well-run hotel and the room was superb. We will definately return.
Liz & Tony
- Mr & Mrs S A Woodward
5th September 2013
Lovely stay, will recommend to family and friends. Thank you to all the staff.
- Maurice 7 Christine Tate
Very welcome break in lovely clean hotel. Food excellent, staff so friendly and welcoming.
5th September 2013
Very nice and friendly hotel.
Room and food very good.
6th September 2013.
- Julie & Kevin Beardsworth
Another fantastic stay.
Thanks so much Kay and David. We never stay anywhere else when visiting Whitby.
Thanks for wine and chocolates, much appreciated.
7th September 2013.